Subject: [xtm-wg] Re: call for HELP with MARKETING XTM

Hi,

--- In xtm-wg@egroups.com, pconn@g... wrote:
> Dear TopicMaps.org members,
>
> My thanks to Steve N. for passing on my request for Marketing
> support.  I know that the focus for all of you is on the technical
> development and you may not have the time or inclination to engage
> in marketing activities.  Keep in mind that you are welcome to
> designate others within your companies who are more marketing
> oriented....it doesn't have to be you.

I already expressed my interest of cooperating in the
TopicMaps.org marketing initiative.

> Although, I believe that there should be at
> least one member of the Authoring Group acting as chair of the
> Marketing Subcommittee to ensure that the marketing effort stays
> within the oversight of the full Authoring Group.

I do not see the necessity that this Authoring Group
member has to chair the marketing effort. As you have
written in the first para, the authoring guys have
to do a lot to finish their tasks. Thus, someone else
should chair the marketing initiative. But before we
can vote (!) for a chair we need the list of names working
in the marketing group.

--Holger

--
Hans Holger Rath <hhr@step.de>
STEP Electronic Publishing Solutions GmbH

Get a NextCard Visa with rates as low as 2.99% Intro APR!
1.  Fill in the brief application
2.  Get approval decisions in 30 seconds!