Subject: [xtm-wg] XTM logo

Hi

As the acting chair of the marketing committee I am writing to you guys to
dicsuss the XTM logo.  So far, one logo has been used in public a couple of
times without any vote from the authoring committee.  We need to get a logo
as soon as possible as XML Washington is looming.  However, I do not want to
break protocol to achieve this.  So my suggestion is that we need to get a
vote from the authoring committes on a logo - ASAP.  To this end, Murray
will send out some logos, including the already publicised logo, to the
working group tomorrow.  He will detail the process by which a vote can take
place as well as the deadlines for submitting a vote.  (My apologoes for
kicking of another voting process!)

It may well be that the 'existing' logo is adopted.  However, I feel that it
is important that the authoring committee have a choice on this matter in
order to make sure that the process is fair.

I trust that this suits everyone - Paul, can you let me know if this causes
any major problems on printing.

Jason

empolis
email: jsm@empolis.co.uk
cell: +44 7747 621353

This message has been checked for all known viruses, by Star Internet,
delivered through the MessageLabs Virus Control Centre.
For further information visit:
http://www.star.net.uk/stats.asp

eLerts