Subject: [xtm-wg] XTM Logo Vote Tally (Was: XTM logo)

From: Daniel Rivers-Moore <daniel.rivers-moore@rivcom.com>

From: "Eric Freese" <efreese@mn.mediaone.net>

From: "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@cranesoftwrights.com>

#3.

From: Murray Altheim <altheim@eng.sun.com> votes:

From: "Steven R. Newcomb" <srn@coolheads.com>

From: Steve Pepper <pepper@ontopia.net>

From: Patrick Durusau <pdurusau@emory.edu>

From: Sam Hunting <sam_hunting@yahoo.com>

From: Adrian Rivers <adrian.rivers@rivcom.com>

From: Jim Farrugia <jim@spatial.maine.edu>

From: "Pam Gennusa" <pam@gennusa.u-net.com>

From: Lars Marius Garshol <larsga@garshol.priv.no>
I prefer #2. [...]

"Mason, James (MXM) " <mxm@ornl.gov>
I vote for #3.

-------- Tally ----------------------

  #1: 2
  #2: 0
  #3: 4
  #4: 3

If we were to count non-Participating Members, the tally would be:

  #1: 3
  #2: 1
  #3: 6
  #4: 4

I've posted a Very Large version of logo #3 at:

    http://www.doctypes.org/xtm/img/vote/xtm-logo3-lg.jpg

Later today I will create an assortment of black and white, greyscale
and color versions of this logo in a variety of sizes. I will also provide
them in GIF, JPG and PNG versions. If even the huge version above isn't
high enough quality and we still need an EPS version, I will hopefully next
week have time to produce an EPS version, although Michel (I believe) has
volunteered (noting that an EPS created from a bitmap isn't quite the same
thing).

The fonts used (even the modified font in 'XTM') is Franklin Gothic,
The Demi Condensed and Heavy. For those trying to match the font in
print.

Murray

Murray Altheim, SGML/XML Grease Monkey     <mailto:altheim&#64;eng.sun.com>
XML Technology Center
Sun Microsystems, 1601 Willow Rd., MS UMPK17-102, Menlo Park, CA 94025

      In the evening
      The rice leaves in the garden
      Rustle in the autumn wind
      That blows through my reed hut.  -- Minamoto no Tsunenobu

eGroups eLerts