Subject: RE: [xtm-wg] Proposal for Chris Angus to be Invited Guest to XTM Authoring Gro up

[daniel]
> I believe the correct procedure is for someone to second the proposal
> and then for Participating Members to indicate to me by email within
7
> days whether they approve this invitation to Chris.

Yes: (1) it takes an absolute majority to approve an Invited Guest; (2)
I imagine the 7-day clock starts ticking with Graham's second; (3) it
would probably be best to post votes to the list; I posted a vote in
ordinary mail, once, and confused everyone; (4) it couldn't hurt to
check the tally against our parliamentarian's list of Participating
Members.

If this sounds like I'm paranoid about process, well, that's because
it's true. The Florida vote would make anyone paranoid. (Reminds me of
the Quebec secession movement, where the referendums were likened -- by
Separatists! -- to going to the dentist. They know nothing whatever of
lingering pain....)

S.

=====
<!-- "To imagine a language is to imagine a form of life."
     - Ludwig Wittgenstein, Philosophical Investigations -->

http://shopping.yahoo.com/

eGroups eLerts