Subject: Re: [xtm-wg] freelists archives

> I've done the proposal and shown that it was technically possible.
> The things got quicker than I thought anyway ...
> I suppose now the "authorities" have to decide if, when and how to proceed.
> Someone have suggested a poll. Maybe it's a good thing to consider.

As an "authority" (like all other Participating Members), let me just
say that I haven't looked at freelists, and can't do so this week, but
if y'all (i.e., the AG Participating (voting) Members) want to switch
from e-groups to freelists, I'd be *very, very* happy to get away from
the necessity of revealing private information about myself in order
to read the archives.  The one thing I'm concerned about is how
stable freelists is, and what is its business model.  At least with
e-groups there is the appearance of a stable income stream to support
its operations.

I would joyfully vote yes if at least one Participating Member would
look carefully at the situation and argue for this change.  In any and
all cases, I personally am very grateful to those who have made this
alternative available!  Thank you, Bernard!!!

-Steve

--
Steven R. Newcomb, Consultant
srn@coolheads.com