Subject: Re: [xtm-wg] xtm-wg archives available at freelists.org

[Peter Jones:]
> > I can't remember - how private was the e-groups archive supposed to be from
> > the xtm-wg's perspective? Members only access?
> > The one at freelists is totally open.

[Murray:]
> As part of our charter, all of our work is open. I applaud Bernard's
> tenacity and sagacity and am very happy we have an alternative. I think
> it tragic that we haven't been able to gain *direct* access (via URL)
> to every message in the group. Moving to freelists.org will enable a
> topic map engine to map the public discussions in a way that wasn't
> possible before.

I think this is a good reason to move.  I'm only concerned about the
stability of the platform.  I say, let's move, considering the move to
be as temporary as it needs to me.

> I'm guessing we'll soon here about moving our list subscriptions over
> as well?

We'll have to solicit the addresses all over again, because e-groups
doesn't release them.  (As a reasonable anti-spam measure, I'm sure.)
I support this idea, too.

Who's taking the vote on this?  It must be a Participating Member.

-Steve

--
Steven R. Newcomb, Consultant
srn@coolheads.com