Subject: Re: [xtm-wg] A challenge on "the graph"

Lars wrote:
> | ASR and PM will be used by potentially different people.
> |
> | Implementors will need to know ASR
> | Experts who create ASR will need to know PM
>
> Who are these experts, and what is it the PM gives them that the ASR
> and the CM does not?

Well ... you are an expert who want to define the Universal ASR or an ASR
specific for Ontopia.
You should be creating ASR-s with PM in mind.
PM is sort-of a "binary" CM
(U)ASR is mappable to PM which is mappable to CM
and so ASR is mappable to CM.
What can be simpler?

> You're giving me little hints, but by no means
> enough for me to have any idea whether I think you make sense or not.
> Please remember that I have no idea what you're thinking and that
> these things are pretty subtle and tend to require lots of
> explanations.
>
> | ASR-s can be different for different software implementations,
> | that is why I was suggesting the notion of "Universal ASR"
>
> I've been using ASR as a shorthand for UASR all the time. The only
> people who specify ASRs will be vendors and developers, I think.
> Well, and maybe the TM API spec.
>
> | which needs a separate specification, may be "infoset-like".
>
> The UASR? Agreed.

--Nikita

Nikita Ogievetsky               Cogitech Inc
XML/XSLT/XLink/TopicMaps   Consultant
nogievet@cogx.com   --   (917) 406-8734
http://www.cogx.com     Cogito Ergo XML

Secure your servers with 128-bit SSL encryption!
Grab your copy of VeriSign's FREE Guide,
"Securing Your Web site for Business." Get it now!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/KVNB7A/e.WCAA/bT0EAA/2n6YlB/TM