Subject: Re: [xtm-wg] language.xtm

* Murray Altheim

| Note that I'm also publishing (within I hope two to three weeks) a
| second Technical Report entitled "Datatypes in XTM" which will
| describe a method of incorporating typed data (i.e., data in a
| specific notation) within a topic map, so that dates, date ranges,
| temperatures, latitude and longitude, and other measurements can be
| expressed.

This sounds like a valuable contribution to me, and I look forward to
seeing the result. It might perhaps also be something for
topicmaps.org to pick up and standardize? It may be that more
practical experience with topic maps is needed before this can be done
right, but it seems to me that this is something that will be needed
at some stage.

--Lars M.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/l3joGB/DMUCAA/4ihDAA/2n6YlB/TM