Subject: Re: [topicmaps-comment] xtm.xml in IE

I reported this to MS last December,
they sort of acknowledged this bug in MSXML (that ships with IE 5)
and recommended installing MSXML3 in replace mode.

Now IE6 ships with MSXML3.
It does open XTM files that have XTM namespace explicitly declared.
For example, http://www.topicmaps.org/xtm/core.xtm or
ISO topic maps that I converted to XTM
(i.e. Kal's music topic map:
http://www.cogx.com/xslt4tm2xtm/music-xtm.xml)

It gives the following message when XTM namespace is
not declared explicitly in the document:

Use of default namespace declaration attribute in DTD not supported. Line 3,
Position 54

And the document was:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE topicMap SYSTEM "xtm1.dtd">