Subject: RE: [topicmaps-comment] occurences and modeling resources

[clipped]
> So, here are three possible modelling options, each of which has a
> different end-result:
>
> 1) If you want to name a resource or add meta-data to a
> resource, or make
> any other assertion about that specific resource in your
> topic map, reify
> the resource itself, by creating a topic which specifies the
> resource URL
> as its <subject>.
>
> 2) If you want to make an assertion about the subject described by a
> resource, reify the subject of the resource by creation a topic which
> specifies the resource URL as one of its <subjectIndicator>'s
>
> 3) If you want to make some assertions about a specific
> topic-to-resource
> relationship, reify the occurrence 'subject', by creating a
> topic which
> specifies the URL of the <occurrence> element as one of it's
> <subjectIndicator>'s
>
> Cheers,
>
> Kal

This is clear.  In experimenting with TMTab, it occurred to me that I would
like to describe resources once, and then reuse these resources to create
occurrences in other topics.  This requires a methodology for modelling
resources within the topic map, and a mapping process that creates
occurrences.  If I have a web page that appears in multiple languages, I
could reify the web page using a URI as the <subjectIndicatorRef> and create
scoped occurrences for each language using the URL of each particular page.
However, it would be a function of my authoring tool to support a method for
creating occurrences in other topics based on the reified resource.

Regards,
Howard