Subject: RE: [tosca] Proposal for requirement "occurrences"

In a âdesignâ, everything is a template. This means that in a topology template graph, the edges between the node templates are relationship templates. The first step in deploying a service (the step Iâd like to refer to as âprovisioningâ) is to create representations based on the templates: node representations are created from node templates, and relationships are created from relationship templates.

Unfortunately, this relationship template concept is far from obvious from the current spec:

  • The âexplicitâ definition of relationship templates (at the topology template level) is broken and as a result almost unusable
  • The relationship templates that are actually usable are part of the ârequirement assignmentâ grammar and in almost all cases just consist of a ârelationship typeâ keyword (since very few relationships actually defined properties or interface operation implementations).

Yes, we should discuss this in the ad-hoc and get agreement on the basic concepts before we talk about specific grammar. Unfortunately I have a conflict this week so weâll have to postpone until next week.