ubl-dev message

Subject: Consignee <> DestinationParty

Hello everyone,

We are defining a document model for an order. Our work is based on UBL-Order-1.0 and UBL’s customization principles.

As I see it, UBL is a very promising initiative; soon we will find out how it fits in the needs of a Finnish industry.

As I remember it, UBL-Order-0.7 included Order->Consignee – element for details about a party for whom the ordered items will be delivered.

UBL-Order-1.0 doesn’t seem to include this element. For some reason I didn’t find any information related to this change.

Have I understood it right, if I claim that the earlier Order->Consignee information should be now contained in Order->OrderLine->LineItem->DestinationParty –element?

Could someone explain details behind this change? DestinationParty –element is, of course, needed on the LineItem level but in a case where I only have one DestinationParty I would prefer to inform this only once on the Order level.

With best regards,

Juha Ikävalko

Juha Ikävalko
TIEKE Tietoyhteiskunnan kehittämiskeskus ry
TIEKE Finnish Information Society Development Centre
Salomonkatu 17 A, 10th floor
FI-00100 Helsinki
Tel +358 9 4763 0410, Fax +358 9 4763 0399
juha.ikavalko
@tieke.fi  http://www.tieke.fi