ubl-dev message

Subject: Re: [ubl-dev] Consignee <> DestinationParty

I too have wondered why UBL doesn't have a DestinationParty at the level
of the order.  It is unreasonable to expect that simple orders where all
lines are for delivery to the same 3rd party should have to duplicate this
information on each line.  It makes processing of the order unnecessarily
complicated.  I thought about using the '/po:Order/cac:Delivery'.  It
includes a DeliveryAddress, but unfortunately not a name. Hmmm!

I wasn't able to find your 'Order->Consignee' in UBL Op70 though  -  could
it have been in an even earlier verson?  I do know that the Danish UBL
adaptation, which is currently based on Op70, has defined a
DestinationParty at the order level, so others have also seen this as a
requirement.  It would be nice to have an explanation, especially if it
has existed in an earlier version. Is there a UBL insider who knows the
history of this one?

While on the subject of really-useful-things-missing-from-UBL  (and yes, I
know it's a bit late to complain 2 weeks before it gets finalized),  but I
could really use some means of distinguishing between different types of
orders, for example,  orders for samples, or blanket orders.  Perhaps an
OrderTypeCode would be appropriate, just as the Invoice has an
InvoiceTypeCode ?  These different order variations typically need to be
created as different types in the application system because completely
different processing rules apply.

Ken Gray
IT Integration Architect
Coloplast A/S