ubl-dev message

Subject: Re: [ubl-dev] UBL and a functional SQL schema

> I have nothing against XML databases or XML features of industrial
> DBs, I simply want to point out that architecture of the XML storage
> facility is a strategic design decision. And it is not as easy as
> "store XML in CLOBs" or "atomize XML and store it in tables".

Lexi:

Agree completely. Mature solutions for storage, retrieval, and
_quering_ that satisfy production requirements of people building
transaction systems for web apps simply do not exist yet. There are a
few _very_expensive_ ones that I know of, but nothing that's cheap,
common, and functional.

If I'm wrong, I'd be really happy about it: point me in the right
direction :)

_a

--
alex black, founder