ubl-dev message

Subject: RE: [ubl-dev] ReceiptAdvice Help Needed

Title: ReceiptAdvice Help Needed
Hello Seay,

Can you provide more details on your business scenario?

Typically, the Receipt Advice and 944 are sent by the receiver (buyer) to the seller (OEM). The OEM or seller would send the Despatch Advice to the Warehouse. The Warehouse would return the Receipt Advice when the goods are received.  Additionally, it would be the seller or OEM that issues a invoice not the warehouse.  If it is an internal transfer as in the case of a OEM to their warehouse, 2PL, 3PL, or 4PL, there is no invoice. If you look at X12 Transaction Set 945, Warehouse Receipt Advice, there is no specific segment or element for the Invoice No.

If your system generates the Invoice with the Despatch Advice as is common, is there still a need to receive it in the Receipt Advice? Is this really an Invoice Number or a Internal Transfer Document Number? Is there ever a situation where the Receipt Advice is sent before the Invoice arrives?

You might consider placing Invoice Number in receipt Line. Note. Text temporarily or Receipt Advice. Note. Text if only one invoice applies to the entire receipt. In many systems, the Despatch Advice Number is the same as the Invoice Number.  You may want to investigate to see if this is true in your company.

The library content workgroup of the UBL TC is currently evaluating other requests to enhance the Receipt Advice.  If we receive your requirements before April 15, 2005, we can include them in our evaluation for UBL 1.1.

Best regards,
Sylvia Webb
From: Seay, Thomas [mailto:thomas.seay@xip.net]
Sent: Wednesday, March 09, 2005 11:14 AM
To: ubl-dev@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [ubl-dev] ReceiptAdvice Help Needed

Hello, I am new to this list and need some help.  I am trying to use the ReceiptAdvice
much as one would use the 944 in X12 EDI (that is the Warehouse Stock Transfer Receipt Advice).  Actually the information that we need is not too complex and this document seems to work well enough, save for a few items which I would like to ask about.

We send a Despatch Advice and want to get the ReceiptAdvice back once the goods have  arrived at the warehouse.

I am curious about where I could put the following:

1) Invoice Number.  We need this back in the ReceiptAdvice, so I need to know an appropriate element that I could use.  I researched this but I dont find an appropriate element in the ReceiptAdvice. Please help me out.

2) <BUYERParty> and <SellerParty> do not exactly describe the relationship between
us (an OEM) and the warehouse.  Is there somewhere else I could put this information?

Sorry if my questions are naive. I am usually a developer but have now found myself additionally taking on a role of business analyst, and I am quite new to UBL.

Thanks,

Thomas Seay
Xerox International Partners
thomas.seay@xip.net