ubl message

Subject: RE: [ubl] Definitions in WD8 that contain non-ASCII characters

At 2006-07-10 10:17 -0700, Sylvia Webb wrote:
>Thanks you for this detailed list and your other
>informative email messages today Ken.
>
>When we look at your discoveries of issues and
>questions, plus the previously identified
>spreadsheet editorial issues from Tim McGrath,
>once again, we see the numerous disadvantages,
>time delays, and additional volunteer effort
>created by using hand crafted spreadsheets.

My post was an effort to provide quality control
and to support the development of the spreadsheets.

My post was not meant in any way to be a
criticism of the existing methodology that I wholeheartedly support.

I would not even suggest that we move away from
our current methodology of collaborative
development in a set of open spreadsheet files using ODF.

That I can automatically extract the entire
content of the suite of document models in XML
suitable for XSLT processing using open and
freely-available tools to supplement my UBL
training materials and provide what I hope is
useful feedback during development is, I believe,
a resounding affirmation of our committee's
existing approach.  I'm not sure how I would be
benefited or would benefit the committee using
other approaches.  Out of this process I am
creating effective learning materials for UBL users.

--
Registration open for UBL training:    Montréal, Canada 2006-08-07
Also for XSL-FO/XSLT training:    Minneapolis, MN 2006-07-31/08-04