ubl message

Subject: Re: [ubl] Discussion XSD implementation of extensions

At 2006-07-13 01:48 -0400, I wrote:
>I haven't seen any new schemas since our meeting
>this morning, so I did my prototyping with the
>January schemas.  When we get a new set of
>schemas I can retrofit these tested changes into
>them and then recreate this test environment
>with new changes and upload the new tests.  But these prove the concepts.

I still have not seen any WD8 schemas, so I've
made changes to my environment of last night.

>I haven't filled in the documentation, and I
>would ask that someone take the time to fill in
>the documentation as makes sense ... Bryan,
>perhaps you can recall some of the descriptive
>aspects of Stephen's expected use of these
>elements and fill in appropriate words.

Thank you, Bryan, for sending your candidate
definitions off-line.  I've incorporated Bryan's
words ... and so far there is no structure to the
documentation of these components ... it is only
flat text.  If anyone feels there should be
documentation structure to these constructs, please modify the examples there.

Thank you, Allan and Bryan, for the comments on
containerization for non-determinism ... these have been added.

A revised ZIP is now uploaded with

  http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=19136

The test files are in:

test\invoice-samp.xml   - no extensions and no errors
test\invoice-samp-bad1.xml   - no extensions and an error
test\invoice-ext.xml   - extensions and no errors
test\invoice-ext-bad1.xml  - extensions and error (swapped elements)
test\invoice-ext-bad2.xml  - extensions and error (two top elements in ns)
test\invoice-ext-bad3.xml  - extensions and error (empty container)
test\test.bat - invocation
test\test.txt - what I get when running Xerces

The invocation and validation support files are in:

work\CatalogManager.properties
work\resolver.jar
work\w3cschema.bat
work\xercesImpl.jar
work\xjparse.jar

The common modules have not changed since January on which I based these tests:

xsd\common\CCTS_CCT_SchemaModule-2.xsd
xsd\common\CodeList_CurrencyCode_ISO_7_04.xsd
xsd\common\CodeList_LanguageCode_ISO_7_04.xsd
xsd\common\CodeList_MIMEMediaTypeCode_IANA_7_04.xsd
xsd\common\CodeList_UnitCode_UNECE_7_04.xsd
xsd\common\UBL-CommonAggregateComponents-2.xsd
xsd\common\UBL-CommonBasicComponents-2.xsd
xsd\common\UBL-CoreComponentParameters-2.xsd
xsd\common\UBL-SpecializedDatatypes-2.xsd
xsd\common\UnqualifiedDataTypeSchemaModule-2.xsd

I've modularized the extension schema so that
parties defining their own extension need only
modify the extension content data type module and
not the common extension module that is used by all extensions:

xsd\common\UBL-CommonExtensionComponents-2.xsd
xsd\common\UBL-ExtensionContentDatatype-2.xsd

Here are the original January invoice and the
changes made to add in the extensions (no changes since last night):

xsd\maindoc\UBL-Invoice-2-orig.xsd
xsd\maindoc\UBL-Invoice-2.xsd

>I need the assistance of other UBL TC members on
>this because I have to finish some last-minute
>code list details for Jon and I was not
>anticipating having to take time to work on XSD
>stuff at this late stage of the week.  And, it
>turns out that I'm working late on this because
>of other business obligations I had to finish
>today, so I may have missed something obvious because of the late hour.

Could members please test these schemas with
various packages ... I'll move on to my action
items from the Pacific call related to code lists.

Thanks again for the feedback so far ... we still
need more banging on this to get the document
models ready for tomorrow for Jon.

Sylvia, can you post WD8 schemas at your earliest
convenience, please, so that I can upload these
changes as changes of the schema files you create?  Thank you.

--
Registration open for UBL training:    Montréal, Canada 2006-08-07
Also for XSL-FO/XSLT training:    Minneapolis, MN 2006-07-31/08-04