ubl message

Subject: Minutes of Atlantic UBL TC call 24 March 2010

MINUTES OF ATLANTIC UBL TC MEETING
WEDNESDAY 24 MARCH 2010

ATTENDANCE

    Peter Borresen
    Jon Bosak (chair)
    Tony Coates
    Anne Hendry
    G. Ken Holman
    Zarella Rendon
    Andy Schoka

STANDING ITEMS

    Additions to the calendar:
       http://ubl.xml.org/events

       GKH: The South Africa venue for the SC34 Plenary scheduled
       for September or October 2010 has been withdrawn, and the
       location is now to be determined.

    Review of Pacific call minutes

       There were no callers this week.

UBL 2.1 SCHEMAS

    GKH has uploaded another schema set:

    http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/201003/msg00022.html

    From his message to the TC:

     - the updated code lists for UBL 2.1 (action: TSC, PSC)
       - special-purpose/ - one related to UN/CEFACT supplementary
                            components is there
                          - missing are those recommended by PSC and TSC
                            for inclusion for our users' convenience
     - the updated code list templates (action: Ken)
     - the updated code list contexts (action: Ken)
     - the entities genericode file (action: Ken)
     - updated XML example instances (action: TSC, PSC)
     - any cosmetics suggested by UBL TC members for consideration
       - e.g. column widths, embedded comments, etc.

    So the action items for PSC, TSC, and TC are as follows:

    PSC and TSC:

     - Special-purpose code lists recommended by the two SCs

       These are code lists we make available in the package for
       the convenience of users who may wish to subset them for a
       particular purpose.  For performance reasons, they are not
       referenced in the code list validation package included in
       the release, and they are not referenced in the common
       library provided in the release.

       TSC (AS): There are a couple of new code lists resulting
       from the Freightwise upgrade, but it's not clear whether
       they should be considered special-purpose.

          ACTION: AS to contact FW and decide whether there are any
          transportation-related special-purpose lists for 2.1.

       PSC (PLB): Don't know status of code lists.

          ACTION: PLB to check with PSC.

     - Updated XML sample instances (see the xml directory in the
       2.0 release)

       The 13 sample 2.0 documents in the 2.0 release need to be
       joined by 59 new 2.1 examples.  It is not necessary (or even
       possible) to exercise every feature of every document, but
       we do want to see some representative 2.1 features.

          ACTION: PLB to request a set of procurement example
          documents from PSC; AS to check with FW and USDOT EFM
          players for samples we can anonymize.

     - General review of the schemas and spreadsheets

          ACTION for TC: Review spreadsheet format for cosmetic
          enhancements.

UBL 2.1 DOCUMENTATION

    These items are urgently needed:

       ACTION (2/24): TM to contact Martin and Audun to get
       diagrams.

       ACTION (2/24): TM to work on getting prose drafts together
       and perform first pass on edit.

    Documentation tracking items

     - An alert ubl-dev subscriber has noted that the Actor for the
       Delivery role in 2.0 appears to be incorrect:

       http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-dev/201003/msg00001.html
       http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-dev/201003/msg00002.html

          ACTION: TM to provide the correct language for the
          upcoming documentation build.

     - We will have to change the schema dependency diagram and
       associated prose to reflect the revised schema generation
       strategy:

       http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/201001/msg00009.html
       http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/201001/msg00015.html
       http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/201001/msg00016.html

       Corresponding changes will also need to be made to the NDR
       checklist after initial testing of the preliminary schemas.

OVERALL STATUS

    JB: We are now about two weeks behind schedule.  I will be
    traveling with family 26-31 March and generally unavailable for
    UBL work until next Wednesday's Atlantic call (though I will be
    checking mail).

    GKH: Will host next week's Pacific call.

UBL 2 XADES PROFILE

    GKH: Interested in reviewing next week.

    JB: Can still include in PRD1 if agreement in the Security SC
    is quickly achieved.

NDR CHECK

    An item for BH.

       ACTION (3/17): JB to ping BH.

          Pending.

UBL 2.0 IDD VOL. 2 (PORTUGUESE)

    ACTION (3/10): KB to ping Jose.

       Pending.

2010 UBL TC F2F MEETING SCHEDULE

    9-13 August 2010 (the week following Balisage 2010) in
    Montreal: http://www.balisage.net/

    (Preliminary) 7-11 February 2011 at Middle East Technical
    University in Ankara: http://www.metu.edu.tr/

       ACTION (2/24): JB to begin talking to Asuman about this.

          Pending.

    (Suggested) August 2011 Mexico

       GKH: The U.S. and Canadian governments have issued travel
       alerts for Mexico.

       JB: The suggestion was for some place like Puerto Vallarto
       or Cabo San Lucas.  But we will definitely have to take a
       close look at the logistics before committing to this.

TC CONCALL SCHEDULE

    See http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/201002/msg00014.html

    GKH will host next week's Pacific call.

OTHER BUSINESS

    We note that as of 5 March 2010, all invoices submitted to the
    government of Turkey must be in the UBL format developed by the
    UBL Turkish Localization Subcommittee:

    http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/201003/msg00014.html

    Turkey thus becomes the second country to legally mandate UBL
    for invoicing government procurement, the first being Denmark
    in 2005.  Sweden requires government agencies to accept UBL
    invoices, but does not require vendors to provide them in that
    form.

Jon Bosak
Chair, OASIS UBL TC

TRACKING ITEMS

    UBL 2.0 NDR IMPLEMENTATION GUIDE WIKI

       http://wiki.oasis-open.org/ubl/NDR_2.0_Implementation_Guide

       On hold till after F2F in Copenhagen.

    CCTS 2.01 DMR

       ACTION (6/30): TM to circulate a draft CCTS 2.01 DMR to the
       TC for review.

       Pending.