OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

ubl message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Minutes of Atlantic UBL TC call 08 September 2021 14:00UTC - Voting Meeting

Minutes of Atlantic UBL TC call 08 September 2021 14:00UTC


Atlantic: 09:00MSP/10:00Ottawa/14:00UTC/16:00Europe




Todd Albers

Oriol Bausa Peris

Kenneth Bengtsson (convener)

Peter Borresen

Andrea Caccia

Paul Donohoe

Kees Duvekot

Cecile Guasch

Ken Holman

Yves Jordan

Ole Madsen

Natalie Muric


Pacific call:


Kenneth Bengtsson (convener)

Erlend Klakegg Bergheim

Levine Naidoo


Referencing the specification


One of the following should be used as a specific citation:

-  OASIS Universal Business Language (UBL) v2.3

-  OASIS Universal Business Language (UBL) v2.2

-  OASIS Universal Business Language (UBL) v2.1 (ISO/IEC 19845:2015)

The following would be used for a general (any version) citation:

-  OASIS UBL (ISO/IEC 19845)

The canonical 2.3 documents are available in the OASIS repository:

-  http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/os-UBL-2.3/

The canonical 2.2 documents are available in the OASIS repository:

-  http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/os-UBL-2.2/

The canonical 2.1 documents are available in the OASIS repository:

-  http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/os-UBL-2.1/

The ISO/IEC catalogue entry for UBL 2.1 is found at:

-  http://www.iso.org/iso/catalogue_detail.htm/?csnumber=66370

The ISO/IEC document and attachments for UBL 2.1 are found at:

-  http://standards.iso.org/ittf/PubliclyAvailableStandards/


Publishing tools


Peter has offered to help with spreadsheet maintenance. Kees and Cecile have offered to help with editorship and maintenance.


Previous repositories have been replaced with a single repository where both artefacts and the hub documents are maintained simultaneously for the production of a complete distribution package and an archive package:

-  https://github.com/oasis-tcs/ubl/tree/review#readme


Those who have volunteered to help with editing and maintenance, please test the above and provide feedback. Please report any issues regarding problems with the data.


Ken has prepared a Github branch for working with UBL 2.4, available here: ubl-2.4-csd01wd01. Subcommittees are welcome to begin their own branches from this branch. Google spreadsheets are also available for subcommittees to copy. Please contact Ken with any questions.


Standing items


Additions to events calendar - http://ubl.xml.org/events



Review of Pacific call minutes



Review of Atlantic call minutes



Membership status review



New member orientation information:



Voting status is determined by the following:

-  existing voting members must not miss two consecutive meetings to maintain voting status

-  non-voting members must attend two consecutive meetings to obtain voting status

-  members formally on leave by prior request must not attend and their voting status is not impacted


Current UBL TC voting member list (alphabetical):


-  Todd Albers

o Member of X9, X12 B2X, ISO 20022 Payment SEG, OASIS BDXR, and convenor of the Business Payments Coalition e-Invoice work groups

-  Kenneth Bengtsson

o  Chair OASIS BDXR, Observer OASIS ebXML, DK Expert UN/CEFACT

-  Erlend Klakegg Bergheim

o Member OASIS BDXR, Member OASIS ebXML Core & MS, Member CEN/TC434/WS8

-  Peter Borresen

o DK Member CEN/TC440, Convenor CEN/TC440/WG7

-  Andrea Caccia

o Chair CEN/TC 434, Member ETSI/ESI TC, IT Expert UN/CEFACT, chair OASIS Code List Representation TC

-  Paul Donohoe

-  Kees Duvekot

o Member OASIS BDXR, Member of the Standaardisatie­platform e-factureren

-  Cecile Guasch

o Member CEN/TC440, Convenor CEN/TC440/WG1, Convenor CEN/TC440/WG2, European Commission liaison (DIGIT Interoperability Unit)

-  G. Ken Holman

o Member OASIS BDXR, member OASIS Code List Representation TC

-  Ole Madsen

o DK Member CEN/TC440


Members gaining voting status after this meeting:

-  Yves Jordan

-  Natalie Muric


TC Vitality Check

The TC must next appoint or reappoint chair(s) in January 2023.

Next TC vitality check must be made in January 2025.


UBL 2.3


ISO submission


Editors and subcommittee chairs need to familiarize themselves with ISO/IEC Directives Part 2 in order to produce content that is compliant with ISO requirements:



ISO requirements being discussed here: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/UBL-240




Does the TC approve Business Document Naming and Design Rules (BDNDR) Version 1.1 and all associated artifacts packaged together in https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=69025 as a Committee Specification Draft 04, designating the XML version of the specification as authoritative, and approve submitting the approved Committee Specification Draft for a 15-day public review?


Motion made by Kenneth, seconded by Levine. Approved by all members present at the Pacific and Atlantic calls.


UBL 2.4


Gathering of requirements


ICT Standardization supporting Circular Economy in the European Union, investigate if there are gaps between UBL and ongoing efforts:

-  https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/202101/msg00023.html

-  https://ec.europa.eu/docsroom/documents/44089?locale=en

-  https://www.gs1.eu/news/a-standards-based-knowledge-system-for-the-circular-economy


Are there similar initiatives in other regions?

Agreed track and develop this as a separate item. Should we create a Product Master Data SC to develop this work? The Product Master Data SC could also maintain other work products, such as the Product Passport.


The new OASIS OriginBX (http://originbx-oasis.org/) project aims at standardizing tax and trade attributes and may provide new requirements for UBL and vice versa. See also: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/members/202106/msg00004.html


JIRA tickets


-  Adding DueDate in Reminder: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/UBL-196

-  Need for two extra document types for information diffusion: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/UBL-232

-  Cardinality of CallForTendersDocumentReference in CatalogueLine and TenderLine: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/UBL-300

-  New document Business Registration Information Notification: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/UBL-326

-  Document best practice for time zone qualifier in UBL 2.4 and in XML samples: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/UBL-327

-  Review Remittance Advice document: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/UBL-324

-  Review prose specification: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/UBL-328

o Peter will try to connect to Adriana from the CPFR project to ask for an updated link.

o Perhaps this repository contains what we need: https://www.gs1us.org/education-training/resource-library#/score/DESC/1/cpfr--/

-  Typos in sample XML instance: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/UBL-329

-  Include an XML Catalogue v. 1.1, deferred from earlier: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/UBL-183.

o Kees and Erlend have done some work and can demonstrate how it would work when/if included in a UBL distribution


There is ongoing work in CEN regarding the simplified invoice/consumer receipt: https://standards.cencenelec.eu/dyn/www/f?p=CEN:110:0::::FSP_PROJECT,FSP_ORG_ID:73128,1883209&cs=1C7A4FA8A780644DDAB4E4D63AFC5A9E7. Important to work on establishing liaison to be able to share more information.


Any new requirements for UBL 2.4?


UBL Payments and Finance Subcommittee (PayFin)




UBL Post-award


From https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/UBL-182 (TaxInclusiveLineExtensionAmount ticket): should we add tax inclusive amounts to other ABIEs, such as TaxSubtotal, TaxTotal, AllowanceCharge, etc.? See also https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/UBL-217 and https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/UBL-218. Kees will open a new ticket to track this.


UBL Pre-award




UBL Transportation Subcommittee (TSC)


TSC is planning to convene later this month. Peter will send out an update to the TSC mailing list.


Work in progress for UBL 2.4:

-  New requirements for a Letter of Credits coming for UBL 2.4. Peter and Kenneth to work together on this.

-  Possibly new requirements for documenting customs bonds in UBL instances.

-  New requirements from mapping to UN/CEFACT eCMR, from CEN TC 440, and possibly new requirements for the eFreight mapping. Peter will open JIRA tickets.

-  New requirements from Peppol Logistics


UBL Naming and Design Rules Subcommittee (NDRSC)


Work completed on the JSON Committee Notes, only awaiting the finalization of BDNDR 1.1:

-  UBL 2.1 JSON Alternative Representation Version 2.0:

o https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=69022

-  UBL 2.2 JSON Alternative Representation Version 1.0:

o https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=69023

-  UBL 2.3 JSON Alternative Representation Version 1.0:

o https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=69024


Organisation Master Data Subcommittee




TC Liaisons


CEN TC 434


Agreed at the Copenhagen face-to-face meeting that the UBL TC is open to establish a formal liaison with CEN TC 434 to create a European or international standard for electronic invoicing, if there is an interest from the CEN TC.


CEN informs that a liaison cannot be established at TC level. OASIS is contacting CEN to set up a TC liaison.




Decision to appoint Andrea as liaison representative between ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 32 and the TC recorded here: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/202007/msg00014.html


Next SC 32 meeting will be held June 14 (plenary) and June 18 (closing). OASIS has responded and is following up with the SC 32 secretariat.


GitHub instance for UBL 2.4 work


Work on UBL 2.4 will be done in the existing “ubl” GitHub instance. Members interested in working on branches, please send Ken your GitHub account name and associated email address. At least every subcommittee chair should be a maintainer.


Subcommittee conference calls


-  Organisational Master Data SC will be meeting biweekly on Wednesdays at 13:00 CET.

-  Other subcommittees will be meeting on an as-required basis




Face-to-face meeting during spring 2022? Candidate hosts:

-  Minneapolis Federal Reserve Bank

-  Trondheim


TC conference call schedule


Call schedule



-  Pacific: 17:00MSP/00:00Europe/18:00Ottawa/22:00UTC/08:00Sydney

-  Atlantic: 09:00MSP/10:00Ottawa/14:00UTC/16:00Europe


-  Pacific: 17:00MSP/00:00Europe/18:00Ottawa/22:00UTC/08:00Sydney

-  Atlantic: 09:00MSP/10:00Ottawa/14:00UTC/16:00Europe


-  Pacific: 17:00MSP/00:00Europe/18:00Ottawa/22:00UTC/08:00Sydney

-  Atlantic: 09:00MSP/10:00Ottawa/14:00UTC/16:00Europe


TC calendar




iCal subscription link: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup_feeds/ical/my_vcalendar.ics?token=fa658a7994a6cefb10c10be09e139af3&workgroup_id=50


Will anyone be requesting a leave of absence in the near future? For privacy reasons, this discussion will be kept off of the minutes.


Other business


New ticket addressing use of Schematron: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/UBL-330. See also: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-dev/202109/msg00000.html


[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]