Subject: [wsrp-wsia] [I#157] Should non-markup calls receive user profile?

Issue: 157
Date Added: 24-Nov-2002
Document Section:
Currently, the user profile is sent as part of the user context. The user context is sent not only to the markup calls [getMarkup + the interaction calls] but also the calls in the entity factor and getServiceDescription.  Must the consumer supply the user profile details on these calls?  Its seems questionable whether there is any value to the producer to receive the user profile outside of getmarkup/performinteraction.  Also though we allow an entity to say it stores user profile information in its session, the session is only passed to/between the markup calls -- so if we require these other calls have access to the user profile then the information will always have to be attained and sent as the entity can't get back to it state.

Gil Tayar
WebCollage