Subject: Re: [wsrp][interfaces] separate administration interface, requirements

Carsten,

Thanks for you answer. I think we are not agreeing with the
requirements, let me rephrase things:

WSRP must have an administration interface for administering portlet
configuration and settings attributes.
A producer must provide metadata about the portlet configuration and
settings attributes.

Forcing the consumer to display the portlet to administer/configure is
too restrictive. Not requiring an administration interface and the
corresponding metadata will force the consumer to display the portlet
for its administration.

Do we want a consumer to be able to have tools (other than a markup
based ones) administer/configure portlets in a producer? For example,
command line tools or fat client tools.

Regards.

Alejandro.