wss message

Subject: RE: [wss] Interop Scenario Descriptions - New Format

Comments in line.

Actually lines 128, 235 and 398 say "This contract covers a request/response
MEP over the http binding." Since SOAPAction is optional in this binding, I
did not mention it.

I think we want the header not to be present, rather than empty. I will add
"The SOAPAction http header MUST NOT be present."

> B. There are several two places where something is said to be "an error"
> and there seems to be a requirement that the services detect these
> situations. Specifically invalid username/password combinations in
> secenario one and reuse of nonces in scenario 2. The requirement
> to detect
> nonce reuse seems a relatively significant one.  In any event who is
> responsible for creating clients that will test whether the
> services detect
> these errors.

The sense of the last meeting was that we are checking for interoperability,
not conformance. However, I suggest people design their client to accept a
typed in username and password. That way we can check for valid and invalid
values.

> C. You're using KeyIdentifier in Scenario #2 to identify the X509
> certificate. I can understand the motivation for this, but I don't think
> the X509 profile allows it.  I admit the X509 profile isn't completely
> clear about what is allowed, but the only mechanism it discusses
> is the use
> of a BinarySecurityToken and a direct reference.

If this is a problem, it has to be fixed in the X509 profile, not the
scenario contracts.

> D. Scenario 2 doesn't say what algorithms should be used for the
> encryption
> of the UserNameToken. The example uses tripledes and Scenario 3 does
> specify tripledes, so I suspect this is just an oversight.

Lines 260-261 say "The algorithm MUST be triple DES-CBC."

Hal