Subject: Re: [xacml] New core and delegation drafts uploaded

Hi Erik,

As a quick test I ran thru the updates to XACML 3.0 core emails
for releases and collected the info in a single text doc. Please check
over the attached and let me know if you think it is complete and
accurate. Also, would there have been any preliminary emails or
other docs that describe what the intended changes to xacml-core-3.0
were.

    Thanks,
    Rich

Erik Rissanen wrote:
46D10E40.3060002@axiomatics.com" type="cite">
Hi Rich,

There is no such document at the moment, but it would be fairly easy to
make one. There is a summary of changes for each draft and a word diff,
so you could just read those and collect them into a single document
summarizing the changes.

Regarding requirements, there are discussions about these in the email
archives and meeting minutes. Look for discussions where Frank
Siebenlist is participating. Also, the 3.0 issues list is on the wiki.
Old closed issues are on a separate page. All this could of course also
made into a doc if that would be useful.

Rich Levinson wrote:

Hi Eric,

I am trying to get a handle on what is included in XACML 3.0 that
is different from XACML 2.0. Is there a doc that lists each spec
and what changes have been made to it, plus a list of new specs
and what they consist of?

I think there were some attempts along these lines in 1.0->2.0,

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/12821/xacml_1.x_2.0_diffs_draft.doc

as well as an initial list of work items for 3.0:

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/13387/XACML%203.0%20open%20issues%20and%20work%20items.doc

However, I have not found something similar for 2.0->3.0.

The reason I ask is that I think it would be useful to have a list of the
major changes that are in the 3.0 package, so that when the time comes
for approval votes that we have a full context for evaluating the
package.

What I would envision is for example in the core doc, a list of the major
issues that were addressed, possibly with a pointer to the main
section(s)
of the doc where the changes associated with that issue may be found.

For the new docs, possibly a brief list of the major reqts that drove the
need for the new spec, possibly w pointers to email archives where
discussion relevant to the plans for the spec might have occurred.

Finally, each schema probably should have a list of changes as well.

I would be happy to help out with this, but it would be useful if any
existing items along these lines would be made known for a good
starting point.

   Thanks,
   Rich

Erik Rissanen wrote:

All,

I have uploaded xacml core 3.0 wd 4 and delegation wd 18.

These fix some typos, update the examples to the new xpath datatype
and changes disjunctive/conjunctive matches to anyof/allof.

So there are not many changes, but I am uploading them anyway since I
intend to update the document templates as the next step. It's
cleaner and easier to follow the changes if I don't change the
technical content while I do that, hence the small update now.

	XACML 3.0 Core: