Subject: Re: [xacml] New core and delegation drafts uploaded

Hi Rich,

Yes, this list should be accurate unless I made a mistake. I see that I
didn't make a good list for the first working draft since the
description is written in the form of what issues remain open, rather
than which issues were implemented.

If you want to, you can download the docs and use the review pane in
Word to walk through all changes. In most cases they are not so many.
It's mainly the first doc where all subject/resource/etc stuff was
changed into attribute categories which has lots of changes.

Another source of information is to check the issues list. In most cases
I have written which version of the draft implements an issue.

To get the most complete picture of what the intent of 3.0 was, you
would need to read the mailing list archives, although I think the
issues list will give a pretty complete picture. We started the issues
list early and the list has worked very well so it is accurate and up to
date. I don't think there is anything in the draft which is not from the
issues list except some errata which were reported by email from users.

In short, the main new features in the core doc is to support the new
delegation profile and to implement attribute categories, while there
are minor changes in form of errata.

There were also plans to generalize decisions into more than
Permit/Deny, but this work didn't progress in the end due to it turned
out to be quite complex technically. Bill knows most of this. The use
cases motivating that work were migrated to the generalization of
obligations work. There is one working draft in the document repository
regarding generalization of obligations. However, this has not been
integrated into the core, so none of the changes in the current draft of
core is due to generalization of obligations.