Subject: Re: [xcbf] Teleconference Meeting - ALSO

John,

There is nothing US-centric about the selection of meeting places.

There is no diabolical US plot to prevent you from attending meetings.

The primary criteria for meeting location and time selection have
always been:

   1) Is the meeting room free?,  and

   2) Will there be enough attendees to achieve a quorum?

The first meeting was held in Barcelona Spain, with provisions
made for attendance by telephone for those who could not make
the trip.The meeting facillity was free.

A proposed meeting to be held in Geneva Switzerland had to be
cancelled, as the number of members planning to attend did not
constitute a quorum, and the chair/editor was not able to attend.

The next meeting was held in Baltimore, Maryland USA. This was
timed to coincide with your meeting that week in Orlando, Florida
USA. The timing allowed the TC to get free meeting facillities that
were arranged by OASIS, and a little publicity by being associated
with a popular XML conference.

I set up the Baltimore meeting so that it would be convenient for our
two European members to attend a face to face meeting. Dr. Gerome
chose to fly into Baltimore from Geneva, then fly onto Orlando for
the same meeting that you were planning to attend. You did not.

Phil