xdi message

Subject: RE: [xdi] Agenda: XDI TC Telecon Thursday 1-2PM PT 2010-01-21

Hi All,

We are on the final day before demo where I work and I am not going to be able to make the call.  Here are some thoughts from the agenda:

.. I haven't looked at the Ordering section yet, but is it on providing a mechanism for representing the contents of a sub-graph under an XRI as an ordered set of things, similar to RDF:List?

.. X3J is the *JSON* serialiazation format I proposed, not Java

.. Has anyone had any thoughts on my proposed link contract format that I described in my earlier emails? If needed I can re-send, or better yet put up on wiki this weekend.

.. Took a look at the XDIGrapher a while ago, a big +1/grats to Markus, nice work!

.. Have we verified yet that we have a working version control for our TC, and has anyone talked to Mary about getting Jira set up for us so we can track issues? Our work is starting to gain momentum again and I'd really like to maintain/grow that. One of the best ways to do that from my experience is to have a good issue tracker and use it informally but religiously, without getting too bogged down in process. Jira or Fogbugz are the best from experience, and Jira has nicely offered to provide licenses or has provided them to OASIS if I remember right (pretty much a guess as that memory is several years old and may not be valid, Mary likely has the current info).

Kind regards,

Bill Barnhill
Booz Allen Hamilton - Rome, NY
315-330-7386  | william.barnhill.ctr@rl.af.mil | barnhill_william@bah.com
From: drummond.reed@gmail.com [drummond.reed@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Drummond Reed [drummond.reed@xdi.org]
Sent: Thursday, January 21, 2010 3:20 AM
To: OASIS - XDI TC

Following is the agenda for the unofficial telecon of the XDI TC at:

Date:  Thursday, 21 January 2010 USA
Time:  1:00PM - 2:00PM Pacific Time (21:00-22:00 UTC)

PLEASE DIAL ONE OF THE FOLLOWING NUMBERS:

1) Skype Number: +9900827047990866
(this will connect you directly to the conference room)

2) US/Canada Toll Number: +1-201-793-9022  7990866#

3) International Toll Number (follow this with the Conference Room Number:
7990866#)
Austria (0820 401 15470)
Belgium (0703 57 134)
France (0826 109 071)
Germany (0180 500 9527)
Ireland (0818 270 968)
Spain (902 885 791)
Switzerland (0848 560 397)
United Kingdom/Northern Ireland (0870 0990 931)

AGENDA

1) XRI 3.0 SYNTAX POSTED

The XRI 3.0 Syntax Working Draft 03 specification is finally content-complete.

            http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/35972/xri-syntax-3.0-wd03.pdf

A close read by XDI TC members is advised.

2) NEW V14 DRAFT OF XDI RDF MODEL

The new XRI 3.0 Syntax spec prompted Drummond to an update to the XDI RDF Model with updated references:

            http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/35997/xdi-rdf-model-v14.pdf

In doing so (the document had not been revised in a year), Drummond also added two key updates:

            a) An “Ordering” section was added after the “Versioning” section based on discussions with Markus.
            b) A solution to the link contract issue that Giovanni raised (that started the whole recent $has associativity thread) was incorporated in the “Link Contract” example.

3) $HAS ASSOCIATIVITY

Continue the thread from the last two calls. See:

  http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xdi/201001/msg00011.html<http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/35421/xdi-rdf-box-graphs-v1.pdf>
  http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xdi/201001/msg00012.html

4) XDI GRAPHER

See the thread started by Markus at:

  http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xdi/201001/msg00001.html

and his XDI Grapher app at:

  http://graceland.parityinc.net/xdi-grapher/XDIGrapher

5) X3J (X3 FOR JAVA) SERIALIZATION FORMAT DISCUSSION

See the thread that currently ends with Bill's message at:

  http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xdi/201001/msg00010.html

6) NEW BUSINESS

7) NEXT CALL