Subject: RE: [xliff-inline] Requirements - #9

> Should "codes" be "tags" instead?

In general it may be better to stay away from "tag" which as a specific meaning in XML/HTML. But the requirements are for any file format, for example it could refer to special escape characters used in a string read by a software, or to RTF codes, etc. While HTML type example are nice because most people understand them, we have to be careful to not always think about HTML.

> I agree with what Arle said, but in bold you do not normally
> put long segments, but a word or two which not so often
> have a multiword translation equivalent.

An example with any kind of formatting code (change of font, etc.) would do. It doesn't even have to be very specific.

Cheers,
-ys