Subject: RE: [xliff] Simplified XLIFF element tree

Text should be segmented in order to be translated. Unsegmented text is not required for translating.

In the last sample tree I sent I included elements for holding unsegmented text (<extr-text>) and elements for holding translatable text (<trans-unit>).

I don't plan to include unsegmented text in the XLIFF files generated by my tools. I hope you don't force me to include it, because if you do, I will have to seriously consider discarding support for XLIFF 2.0. It would be perfectly fine for me if you include unsegmented text in the XLIFF files generated by your tools, as long as I can safely ignore it.

Rodolfo M. Raya   <rmraya@maxprograms.com>
Maxprograms      http://www.maxprograms.com