Subject: RE: [xliff] Updated Timeline for progression toward XLIFF 2.0 OASIS Standard - factoring in PR III

Hi Kevin,

What an excellent question. The short answer is No, I cannot.

I made a premature leap here. I’ve had off list conversations regarding the magnitude of some of the comments with some of the posters. Not meant to be non-transparent, but in order to help me understand the issues. In these conversations, on an unofficial level, we agreed that the changes amounted to substantive feature edits.

However, OASIS leaves it to the discretion of the TCs to self-police, and to determine if issues are substantive or not, and whether or not they merit a subsequent public review.

So it will be up to the TC to make this decision (hopefully in the next TC meeting).

If we do not think we need a third PR, then the original timeline holds (more or less) https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201309/msg00028.html . If we determine we do need one, the new timeline is meant as a rough calculation of what that might look at on a calendar https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201310/msg00072.html .

Sorry that I jumped ahead on this. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.