Subject: Call for Nominations - end of call for nominations

Date for members to volunteer:
respond to this list no later than [date] with the following statement: I
agree...

This is the date by which OASIS receives the commitment letter from those
members of the mail list who are willing to be voting members of the
Technical Committee.

This is important because when decisions must be made, we need a proper
committee quorum for decisions to be effective.  Attendance at all voting
meetings (what meetings we have is discussed in a separate thread) is
required.  Recognizing that we can't all attend all meetings, there are
provisions being developed by the PAC for having someone step down due to
repeated absence.

We will be spending time thinking about this while we develop the Call for
Nominations, so I think we need only have a two-week period after the Call
for Nominations is published for members to speak up about their commitment.

Changing membership afterwards involves resolutions of the OASIS Board of
Directors, so it won't be an easy task.

--
G. Ken Holman                    mailto:gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com
Crane Softwrights Ltd.             http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/m/