Subject: Re: HM.applications-Translations

----- Original Message -----
From: Sean B. Palmer
> > [...] the SW is a connected set of information objects that can be
> > assembled based on the demands made upon it by an application.
> > It would then be possible to assemble a new representation of the
> > idea or topic. Am I correct in seeing the SW in this manner?
>
> Pretty much so. The Semantic Web is just a set of resources, linked up
> using 3-ary relationships (triples), and exchangedusing an RDF
> serialization format. Processors can do absolutely anything that they want
> with the data, but because the resources are decentralized, it means that
> interoperability is enhanced.
>
> > maybe "Web" in "Semantic Web" doesn't really mean the internet.
>
> It does, but just as one can use HTML off-line, so one can use RDF
> off-line.

Hi Sean,

That does it. I'm currently taking a badly needed  on-line course in Technical Writing.
This course is offered with the use of James Clark's XMetal application and some
middleware applications that transform the XML output into HTML, and .pdf formats.

This same on-line institution offers a so called Professional XML course using this
same XMetal application. I'm now convinced that I need this course as well. Does
anyone here know if XMetal handles these RDF - 3-ary relationships (triples)?

Is there a DTD component to this? Are there XSLT, CSS documents that are in the
works for this? I'm just a <what the hell is this>MTML</what the hell is this> expert.

Thanks,

Mark