oic message

Subject: RE: [oic] Confused about the purpose of the Interop Profile

Well, I don't mind calling it a "best practice guide" if the members of this TC
would be more at ease with it, rather than Profile...

However, I do believe that we should use conformance clauses, since at
some practical level, implementers would want to test if their products is
in line with this interop "thingie". If not, we end up (*again*) running in circles
because there is no specification / thingie that is somehow "normative", or
has practical statements

In the ideal world, every implementer would have extremely detailed
implementers notes and one could derive a common denominator from
them + start discussing the differences an agree on a solution within this TC.
But this world isn't Utopia...

Personally, I prefer one big document (which would still leave a large degree
of freedom, since it - for instance - won't require implementers to support
tables, but if they do, they should do it like outlined in X, Y and Z), rather than
a bunch of separate "interoperability notes" (similar to CERT advisories).

If implementers would prefer the latter, fine with me...

In short, I want:

* a "thingie" that is practical
* fast to update
* one should be able to derive tests from it
* has some degree of authority (like community draft / spec)

Bart