oic message

Subject: RE: [oic] Confused about the purpose of the Interop Profile

<adding back in OIC - sorry for the small r instead of the large R on my last reply>

Let me ask it another way: what do you find different about this PPA market you are defining that is different from the ODF market as a whole?  If the profile was originally written with ODF as a whole in mind, but can now magically be turned into a document that only talks about a PPA market, then what distinguishes this profile from a general conformance class that one might write with the same  shall/should/may statements?

Cherie

-----Original Message-----
From: robert_weir@us.ibm.com [mailto:robert_weir@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 23, 2010 9:48 AM
To: Cherie Ekholm

Hi Cherie, I think the point is that the profile has in fact been developed with an eye toward PPA interoperability.  The work going into to producing the profile has certainly involved PPA vendors and not web editor or mobile editor vendors.  So off-hand I don't see anything to change except make that focus explicit in the name.  This is a case of making the title better reflect the content, not a matter of changing the content.

Regards,

-Rob