Subject: Re: [regrep] [Fwd: [regrep-semantic] IBM BI-ICS]

For the most part I prefer to reference standards works as opposed to
private works, but I make exception for some things -- especially when they
provide essential functionality AND when they contain an open copyright
notice. Such is the case with WS-Addressing.

WS-Addressing provides essential functionality -- a standard mechanism to
reference a Web service endpoint. In my opinion, it's one of the most
critical WS specifications published last year. I am not aware of any
competitive effort that is currently defining this type of mechanism.

And I suggest you read the copyright notice [1]. It the most open spec
notice I've ever seen.

[1]
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnglobspec/html/ws-addressing.asp

Anne

At 11:01 PM 3/18/2004, Monica J. Martin wrote:

>>>Chiusano: I completely agree - a perfect example is WS-Addressing, which is
>>>referred to in multiple emerging open specifications (too numerous to
>>>mention).
>>
>>mm1: WS-Addressing is an emerging specification. It is not open (only
>>available on a web site).
>
>mm2: Correction, I misread your sentence Joe. There are at least two
>specifications in an open standards organization that do reference
>WS-Addressing. Thanks.
>

>To unsubscribe from this mailing list (and be removed from the roster of
>the OASIS TC), go to
>http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/regrep/members/leave_workgroup.php.

Anne Thomas Manes
VP & Research Director