Subject: Re: RE: RE: RE: RE: [virtio-comment] RE: RE: RE: RE: [RFC] virtio-net: support access and control the member devices

On Mon, Aug 7, 2023 at 2:13âPM Xuan Zhuo <xuanzhuo@linux.alibaba.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 4 Aug 2023 12:49:04 +0000, Parav Pandit <parav@nvidia.com> wrote:

This has been discussed somehow before we need probably more like:
spoof check and trust which are already supported by iproute2:

https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/virtio-comment/202101/msg00047.html

> That is useful for cloud.
> Because the user of each VM is untrustworthy. We must limit the ip traffic of
> every member device.
>
> We have two choose:
>
> 1. add feature to device by cvq of pf(or admin queue?), that can limit the ip(receive and transmit).
> 2. add feature to switch, it can limit the ip for every port. If we choose this
>    way, I will try introduce the simple switch concept to the virtio-net.
>    Because except this we have not more requirement for the switch. So we donot
>    plan to introduce a complex switch.

This requirement (IP limitation) sounds more like a filter feature
which seems not directly related to switch.

Thanks