OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

dita message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Minutes for DITA TC Meeting, 16 Feb 2010

(Minutes taken by Don Day)

Agenda for 16 February 2010 DITA TC Meeting/Call

DITA TC Wiki: http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/FrontPage

8:00-8:05 Roll call
>Regrets Rob Frankland. Quorum achieved.

Approve minutes from previous business meetings:
    * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201002/msg00039.html (9
Feb, 2010 Day)
Don Moved; Bruce second, no objections

Subcommittee/liaison reports (skip for today)

  1. ITEM: DITA 1.2 specification
>Gershon led the review discussion
    * Business (edited by Joseph for 16 February TC meeting):
       1. Review of conformance topic: ConformanceReview: Wiki page
       2. Check on status of Mime type topic
>Continue this item, check back (Don re-sent the December note with
proposal for content)
       3. Status of authors' work handling review #3 comments:
>Gershon still tracking new inputs.
       4. Overlapping/redundant content issue
 (Eberlein, 2 February 2010)
          o Check where we are with authors updating their topics to mark
comments on redundant content
          o Are we ready for the next step (SWAT team meeting)?
          o Gershon has dealt with the collation topic (removed topic from
>Gershon sent email asking authors to finalize their input. Check back next
       5. Review prototypes of documentation for the various packages
(base, technical content, and complete). The Kavi repository now holds a
ZIP file that contains CHM and PDF file versions for each of the three
 (Eberlein, 8 February 2010)
          o Action from previous meeting: Kristen to double-check on OASIS
HTML requirements for specs
          o Anything to discuss this week ahead of closing this item? (Don
suggests we can close this today. See Sanity Check below as revised New
>The "how to" item is closed; moves to general tracking.
>Regarding "packaging"--Kristen reminded us that this was not fully decided
last week. Gershon asked for discussion.
>Gershon moved to have a single document (HTML and PDF and source) with
both parts in one deliverable (arch and lang ref) with all TC-approved
specializations. Kristen seconded. Jeff asked about outputs--Kristen
checked with Mary (editable source, PDF, HTML required). Bruce asked about
users being able to produce subsets--Don noted this was the intent of the
production topic that Stan is working on. No objections; motion carries.
>Jeff asked about zip file grouping. Do we also go back to a single zip?
Gershon noted that Adoption TC is working on supporting the Jarno tool for
generating shells, so this idea is certainly okay--divides spec from
practice. Discussion about merits of one vs several zips. Consensus to go
with 3 zips: 1 for DTDs, 1 for XSDs, one for DITA Source. Jeff wonders what
constitues the single spec? More discussion.
Single zip, followed by sublinks for overview (html), PDF single , HTML
(set for the map), DITA Source, DTDs, XSDs as independent zips. Consensus
on this plan. The packaging aspect is closed; note continuation of how to
       6. Acknowledgments in DITA 1.2 spec -- what should they contain?
 (Eberlein, 9 February 2010)
>Kristen summarized. Concerns are how to avoid leaving out anyone who has
done a lot of work. Consensus: Criterion is that list must include those
who have actively contributed as Members during 1.2 development(proposals,
authors, commenters, implementors of the DTDs and XSDs).
>Action for Gershon to prepare this list.

       7. Any other spec items to discuss?
>Nothing new
       8. Revise schedule to accommodate the following items:
Nothing new
       9. Heads-up about future changes
>Nothing new
      10. Low(er) priority items:
>Nothing new

  2. New ITEM: Subcommittee catalog distribution (SIDSC example)
    * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201002/msg00048.html (Park)
>Seth reviewed the request. He recommends using the existing 1.2 practice
(subfolder parallel to base, named by SC, include catalog, then subset DTD
and schema directories). Jeff agreed with the suggested practice, but
questioned the comment about SC's not connected with a specialization.
>Discussion--agreed that this falls into today's current Committee Draft
process (has had the TC's purview, is not a spec).
>Consensus: The DITA TC will use the Committee Draft process to approve SC
subsets of information as TC-approved deliverables.

  3. New ITEM: Stan Doherty's request for Sanity Check on build process:
    * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201002/msg00052.html
>Stan wanted to make sure what we are delivering on this request (prep
>Kirsten: several issues: 1) consensus on modular parts, 2) whether to
distribute ant scripts (giving this to the Toolkit absolves the TC of
managing tools)
>Don suggested that OASIS also can be home for style tools (tantamount to
current situation for Word and ODF templates for specs).
>Discussion on this to be continued on the list.

Ongoing checks:

8:50-8:55 Announcements/Opens

8:55 Adjourn
>Meeting adjourned at the top of the hour.

(See attached file: 16Feb2010Minutes.txt)

Don Day
Chair, OASIS DITA Technical Committee
Architect, Lightweight DITA Publishing Solutions
Email: dond@us.ibm.com
11501 Burnet Rd. MS9033E015, Austin TX 78758
Phone: +1 512-244-2868 (home office)

"Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?
 Where is the knowledge we have lost in information?"
   --T.S. Eliot


[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]