Subject: @scale on <table> and <simpletable>

To the best of my memory, @scale is not part of the OASIS table model. (Robert, can you check? https://www.oasis-open.org/specs/tm9901.htm)

Gershon, I’ll add this to the agenda for today’s TC call.

From: dita@lists.oasis-open.org <dita@lists.oasis-open.org> On Behalf Of Gershon Joseph
Sent: Tuesday, June 7, 2022 5:45 AM
To: Nancy Harrison <nharrison@infobridge-solutions.com>; dita@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: RE: [dita] Groups - DITA TC Meeting Minutes 31 May 2022 uploaded

***ActionItem: Robert will open issue for doing this as part of cleanup work.
- Gershon; if OASIS Exchange table doesn't have @scale, we may want to treat them the same as everything else.
- Robert; I'm not willing to fully endorse that based on 4 mins of googling.

I thought we asked Robert to research table & simpletable and let us know if the scale attribute is from the OASIS Exchange content model or not. If @scale is there because of the OASIS Exchange table model then we keep it as-is. If it was added to the DITA spec independently of the OASIS Exchange table model, we need to discuss what we do with it for DITA 2.0.

Cheers,

Gershon

Gershon L Joseph | Senior Information Architect | Precision Content | Phone: +972 (54) 658-3887| TZ: Jerusalem, Israel (GMT+2) | Email: gershon@precisioncontent.com| Twitter: @PCASinc |  www.precisioncontent.com

 Unlock the Knowledge in Your Enterprise™

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. Please notify us by return email if you have received this email in error. © 2022, Precision Content Authoring Solutions Inc. Toronto, Ontario, Canada

gershon joseph
senior information architect

180 John St. Toronto, ON Canada M5T 1X5
T:
(647) 557-5965
gershon@precisioncontent.com

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. Please notify us by return email if you have received this email in error. ©2022, Precision Content, Toronto, Ontario, Canada