Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: Using DocBook for a API documentation

/ maarten de boer <maarten.deboer@iua.upf.es> was heard to say:
| > | * generate an index of all functions
| >
| > This is a processing expectation. The documents themselves
| > are just the data, you can write tools (stylesheets, programs,
| > whatever you want to call them) to walk through your source
| > documents and produce indexes of this sort.
|
| I see. Do you know of a stylesheet that will do this ?

If you insert <indexterm>s, the DocBook DSSSL Stylesheets can be
coaxed into producing an index. If you want something else, you'll
probably have to roll your own.

| $ jade -t sgml -d /usr/lib/sgml/stylesheets/nwalsh-modular/html/docbook.dsl
| test.sgml
|
| The html output looks fine to me, but the dvi has some weird layout problems.
| Any suggestions? Maybe I am not using the correct docbook dsl's ? Which
| should I use ?

<sigh role="deep"/> The JadeTeX output has a lot of rough edges. I don't
have any better suggestions really. I'm sorry.

                                        Cheers,

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | Any sufficiently undocumented code
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | is indistinguishable from magic.
Member, DocBook Editorial Board    |