Subject: Re: [docbook] RDFa Lite inside <info>

Am I nitpicking?

On Sat, 3 Jul 2021 at 10:35, Norm Tovey-Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> wrote:
> > And @ndw - what's your view on the relationship (difference) between
> > metadata and annotations please?
>
> I tend to think of metadata as being about the document (this is itâs
> title, this is itâs publication number, this is the set of keywords
> related to it, etc.) and I tend to think of annotations as being
> commentary for human readers. Of course, some metadata *is* usually for
> human readers, like the document title, and you could write annotations
> that werenât intended for display. I can imagine using annotations, for
> example, to track an editorial process but having them stripped out of
> the final publication.

I'd suggest both are (eventually) for human readers, and both are 'about'
the document?
  Why would I annotate book A with information about book B?

Graffitti? Redactions? Editorial notes? Study notes? All annotations.
That's the broader interpretation I put on annotations now.

> Iâm quite pleased with the way the annotations are handled in the
> annotated XML Catalogs specification I published last week:
> https://xmlcatalogs.org/catalogs-1.1.html

I'll look more at  that.

regards
--