Subject: Re: [docbook] Where do I post a question?

On 24/10/2022 16:54, Joseph Casey wrote:
Foreword; This thread has got out of sequence on me, and 'my apologies for that.

Actually my fault, I think.

I am writing manuals in DocBook for output to HTML.
I am using Pandoc 2.19.2 as the rendering program.
I use the following command to create the HTML.
pandoc --from docbook --to html --output mydoc.html mydoc.xml

I wish to add an xsl style file,

Does Pandoc support XSLT? I know there are plugins for transformation TO XML, but I've never seen XSLT inside Pandoc.

but I need help to do that.

If you're switching from Pandoc to XSLT then you would indeed need to write the XSLT, or modify one of the existing flavours.

I would like someone to send me a matching pair of DocBook.xml and style.xsl files.

You are welcome to look at the XML FAQ, which is authored in Docbook5 and transformed to HTML with XSLT.

http://xml.silmaril.ie/faq.xml
http://xml.silmaril.ie/faq.dtd
http://xml.silmaril.ie/xmlwebsite.xsl

The important thing is to have the xsl import settings working and field names matching.

Where are these import settings (in what program)?

Peter