Subject: Re: [docbook] Unresolved entities

> On Dec 8, 2022, at 0:42, Norm Tovey-Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> wrote:
>
>> https://github.com/omegat-org/omegat/tree/master/doc_src/en
>
> Okay. I grabbed the repo and put DocBook 4.5 in the place it was
> expected. A validating parse fails because of the xi:include elements,
> but doesnât complain about any entities. A well-formed parse has no
> problems.

Thank you for looking into that.

> If I use Saxon to process the document with the identity transform:
>
> $ saxon -s:OmegaTUsersManual_xinclude\ full.xml \
>        -xsl:/Volumes/Documents/xsl/identity.xsl -o:out.xml
>
> I donât get any errors and I get a 1.1k out.xml file.
>
> If I tell Saxon to use XInclude (via the Xerces parser, not my sinclude
> extension function):
>
> $ saxon -s:OmegaTUsersManual_xinclude\ full.xml \
>        -xsl:/Volumes/Documents/xsl/identity.xsl -xi -o:outxi.xml
>
> I get a 521k file, so it definitely followed the XIncludes. In neither
> case do I get any kind of error. So I think the files are fine and the
> problem is in your processor or your pipeline.
>
> What parser, XSLT processor, etc. are you using?

The tool set we have is:

- DocBook XSL Stylesheets 1.75.2 ("dbk") or above
  https://github.com/docbook/xslt10-stylesheets
- DocBook XML 4.5 ("docbook-xml-4.5")
  https://docbook.org/xml/4.5/
- fop 1.1 ("fop-1.1")
  https://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/1.1/
- libxml2 2-2.7.7 ("libxml2-2.7.7")
  http://xmlsoft.org
- Saxon 6-5-5 ("saxon")
  https://sourceforge.net/projects/saxon/files/saxon6/
- XMLmind Web Help Compiler ("whc")
  https://www.xmlmind.com/ditac/whc.shtml
- Ant 1.7.1 or above ("apache-ant")
  https://ant.apache.org

Honestly, I don't know why we are using tools that "old". Maybe it was a licensing issue, etc. But I'm planing to upgrade the tool chain as soon as we have some time.

--
Jean-Christophe Helary @jchelary@emacs.ch
https://traductaire-libre.org