Subject: Re: [ebxml-cppa] CPPA Version 1.05

Tony Weida wrote:

> Duane,
>
> In that case, I think we're agreed on goals!
>
> It would be great to have an XML schema for additional party information (as
> referenced by PartyRef) for version 1.1.  However, I wouldn't go so far as
> saying that without it, CPPA "will not meet the minimal functional
> requirements of ebXML as a whole."  The CPPA team has strong representation
> from a wide variety of business integration software vendors, and yet, so
> far no one else has been clamoring for it.  Since you and the core
> components folks have evidently given considerable thought to this area,
> perhaps one or both could help out with a suggested schema?

Tony:

I was hoping that the Core Components team had components for things
like "Party".  If they have this,  I can't think of a better test for it
than us eating our own Dog Food.

If not,  I can scrounge up a few schemas for this and we could have a
few enumerated types.  There is some OASIS work around XnL and XaL that
could be used for this stuff but I prefer a simpler schema for starting
people out on.  Specifically, I would prefere a schema that allows us to
programatically gather the context driver values needed by the BP and CC
related teams to finish the Design Phase.

I am travelling tomorrow and will try to glean some info off the latest
CC document for a "Party" example (unless someone from CC would like to
run with this???)

Duane

--
CTO, XML Global Technologies