Subject: Re: [ebxml-iic] ebxml-builders

Jamie,

It seems as though Duane and Farrukh have already answered for me.
First off, I apologize for any confusion caused by starting and
announcing this list.  In implementing the ebXML specs (I've had a hand
in the implementation of 3 of them so far) we frequently find that there
are areas that are underspecified, or unclear.  Most of the time, an
email to the TC responsible will yield a response such as "that was out
of scope for this release".  An example of this is the routing of
messages through many (>4) intermediaries.  I asked the question, they
responded "sorry, we had to drop that to make our release date".  I
understand the challenges they face, but that doesn't change my
requirement to implement the functionality described.  Where do I go at
that point?  ebXML-Dev, ebxml-iic?.  ebXML-Dev is a bit general.
ebxml-iic has its hands full with all of the trappings of "official"
conformance testing, and hopefully "official" interoperability testing.

To solve this problem, I decided to start my own little support group
(as Farrukh has done), ebxml-builders.  The goal is to get something
going much like soapbuilders, where vendors can work out solutions for
parts of the specs that are not yet sufficient.  If the community
flourishes, we may even be able to foster a level of cooperation among
vendors that rivals what has been done in soapbuilders, where everyone
exposes an endpoint of their latest product so that the other vendors
can make sure that they work with everyone else.

If the above vision is actualized in one or more OASIS or UN/CEFACT
groups, I would be more than happy to pull the plug on this list.

Regards,

Matt