egov-registry message

Subject: Re: [egov-registry] Mapping of eGMS to ebRIM

Farrukh Najmi wrote:

> Folks,
>
> This is an initial attempt at a direct mapping from eGMS metadata to
> ebRIM metadata. Many thanks to Paul for helping me get bootstrapped.
>
> The file  SAindividual-2004-v1-0.xsd:
>
> http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/egov-registry/download.php/7256/SAindividual-2004-v1-0.xsd
>

> was provided as a sample by Paul that shows how eGMS metadata is used
> to annotate content. I used it as a reference example for creating
> eGMS to ebRIM direct mapping as captured in
> SubmitObjectsRequest_eGMS1.xml
>
> http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/egov-registry/download.php/7257/SubmitObjectsRequest_eGMS1.xml
>

> Note that the direct binding does not show Relationships yet as I do
> not have the related objects yet. However, their mapping is pretty
> straightforward to ebRIM Associations.
>
> It also does not show any eGMS specific ClassificationSchemes that
> will need to be defined.
>
> All in all, I think the direct mapping is quite simple really. I look
> forward to an example by Carl and Duane using the CCTS approach to see
> if it offers additional value and benefits. It would be good if that
> approach used the same SAindividual-2004-v1-0.xsd example so we could
> do a side by side comparison.

Just posted the initial proposal for direct mapping of eGMS to RIM at:

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/egov-registry/download.php/7311/eGMS-RIM-DirectMapping.doc

The document was originally created by Paul and updated by me. It has
enough meat to be use as a basis for building our POC and loading actual
content annotated by eGMS metadata in an ebXML Registry.

Also relevant are the documents listed above and of course the eGMS
document:

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/egov-registry/download.php/7271/eGMS%20version%203.pdf

Please review this material and comment as we will start populating the
registry soon. Thanks.

Paul, lets try and sync tomorrow over Skype to plan next steps for the
POC. Thanks.

--
Regards,
Farrukh