egov-registry message

Subject: Re: [egov-registry] Mapping of eGMS to ebRIM

Farrukh Najmi wrote:

>> Folks,
>>
>> This is an initial attempt at a direct mapping from eGMS metadata to
>> ebRIM metadata. Many thanks to Paul for helping me get bootstrapped.
>>
>> The file  SAindividual-2004-v1-0.xsd:
>>
>> http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/egov-registry/download.php/7256/SAindividual-2004-v1-0.xsd
>>

>> was provided as a sample by Paul that shows how eGMS metadata is used
>> to annotate content. I used it as a reference example for creating
>> eGMS to ebRIM direct mapping as captured in
>> SubmitObjectsRequest_eGMS1.xml
>>
>> http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/egov-registry/download.php/7257/SubmitObjectsRequest_eGMS1.xml
>>

>> Note that the direct binding does not show Relationships yet as I do
>> not have the related objects yet. However, their mapping is pretty
>> straightforward to ebRIM Associations.
>>
>> It also does not show any eGMS specific ClassificationSchemes that
>> will need to be defined.
>>
>> All in all, I think the direct mapping is quite simple really. I look
>> forward to an example by Carl and Duane using the CCTS approach to
>> see if it offers additional value and benefits. It would be good if
>> that approach used the same SAindividual-2004-v1-0.xsd example so we
>> could do a side by side comparison.
>>
> Just posted the initial proposal for direct mapping of eGMS to RIM at:
>
> http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/egov-registry/download.php/7311/eGMS-RIM-DirectMapping.doc
>

> The document was originally created by Paul and updated by me. It has
> enough meat to be use as a basis for building our POC and loading
> actual content annotated by eGMS metadata in an ebXML Registry.
>
> Also relevant are the documents listed above and of course the eGMS
> document:
>
> http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/egov-registry/download.php/7271/eGMS%20version%203.pdf
>

> Please review this material and comment as we will start populating
> the registry soon. Thanks.
>
> Paul, lets try and sync tomorrow over Skype to plan next steps for the
> POC. Thanks.

One of the issues we need to resolve quickly is the URN prefix to use
for eGMS mapping. Currently I am using as placeholder:

urn:gov:uk:egms

We need to determine a base URI that is official for UK government and
replace above with it.

Maewyn, would you be the one to help on this? BTW do consider joing the
egov-registry SC so you are on the mailing list and dont have to be
copied. Thanks.

--
Regards,
Farrukh