Subject: RE: [office] office-comment -> JIRA migration

Michael, I am considering just making comments, rather than get behind in
providing the actions on public comments that I have raised my hand for.

I think what is complicating things here is that the entire office-comment
list, from its inception, has been turned into JIRA items.  I assume that a
bunch of those will be closed to get them out of our hair.  I think the
original plan was to just do the ones that we hadn't already put in the
spreadsheets.  (The spreadsheet could be mined in a different way that
preserved what we already had there, presumably.)

Until it is clear how JIRA is to be cleaned up, I am not sure what it is
safe to touch at this point. And I have an abundance of other work I can be
doing.

With regard to subtasks, those are valuable when an item applies to more
than one ODF TC product.  It lets them be resolved individually.  If there
is a single item that involves, say, change to the ODF 1.2 draft and also a
potential erratum for a previous version, we shouldn't close the item until
both have occured.  This seems like it makes management difficult and the
solution is to split the tasks one way or another.  I don't know what
happens when an umbrella task is resolved or closed when its subtasks are
not.  I will see if I can find that out on the unused OIC JIRA where I might
have more privileges.

 - Dennis