Subject: Re: [office] office-comment -> JIRA migration

Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:

[...]

> With regard to subtasks, those are valuable when an item applies to more
> than one ODF TC product.  It lets them be resolved individually.  If there
> is a single item that involves, say, change to the ODF 1.2 draft and also a
> potential erratum for a previous version, we shouldn't close the item until
> both have occured.  This seems like it makes management difficult and the
> solution is to split the tasks one way or another.  I don't know what
> happens when an umbrella task is resolved or closed when its subtasks are
> not.  I will see if I can find that out on the unused OIC JIRA where I might
> have more privileges.

I totally agree to Dennis' point of view here.

Best regards,
Peter

> Dennis,
>
> isn't it an option to just add whatever information you would like to
> add as a comment?
>
> Michael
>
> On 05/06/09 17:55, Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:
> http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/200905/msg00020.html
>> Well, my experimentation was to see how things worked in practice so we
>> could agree on actual use of JIRA, within its constraints, especially
> since
>> it doesn't provide the same features and view to all members.
>>
>> I shall desist from touching ODF JIRA until there is an agreed process.
>>
>> Meanwhile, I am reluctant to do more resolution of comments on my plate by
>> e-mail list (e.g., parceling out recommendations on the parts of #329 at
>> <http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/200905/msg00005.html> in a
> way
>> where the parts for which action is recommended aren't lost and are easy
>> review and discuss).  Accomplishing this on JIRA, and the creation of
>> sub-tasks to do it, strikes me as a natural.  I look forward to that
>> capability becoming available.
>>
>>  - Dennis
> [ ... ]

Peter Junge
Open Source Strategy Director

Beijing Redflag Chinese 2000 Software Co., Ltd.
Building No.2, Block A, Huilongsen, 18 Xihuan Nanlu
Beijing Economic-Technological Development Area
100176 Beijing - P.R.China

北京红旗中文贰仟软件技术有限公司
地址:北京经济技术开发区(亦庄)西环南路18号汇龙森A座二层
邮编:100176