Subject: RE: [office] OpenOffice extensions to ODF

>> In any case, I'll likely vote against adding new features at this point
>> unless there is something of extraordinary importance.
>
>Of course there is an argument to be made that this isn't a proposal to
>add a feature but to correct an omission. office:annotation already
>exists it is currently just not allowed in the suggested place, although
>surely some TC members believed that office:annotation can occur in any
>content.

While I do agree with Rob about not adding features lightly, I do think that an
<office:annotation> on <draw:page> is rather valuable, since the element /
feature is already in the spec, and as Jos mentioned the feature seems to
be implemented already...

Now, I wouldn't go as far as adding it on each and every element (that's an
ODF Next discussion), but just adding it to <draw:page> would fit nicely in
the presentation improvements of ODF 1.2 (adding tables...)

Best regards

Bart