oic message

Subject: RE: [oic] application scenario The Hague

Andreas,

(...)

>> Create a new page style "oic-page"
>> Apply "oic-page" to current page
>
> How does this have anything to do with interoperability but just with how
> the implementation works. Unless these styles could be transferred
> between documents, whether they have specific names in the
> interface is interface design.
>
> I can easily imagine an implementation that would let me choose between
> the page styles existing in the current document without having given
> them specific names.
>
> As a user I find it always disconcerting that I am asked to define a style
> and hen apply it.

(Ok, so you would like to have an application that would let you apply
whatever layouting (setting font size, color) while editing, letting the
implementation create some internal name in the background for it,
and then selecting and reusing it whenever you feel like it)

So, for the scenario, would it be better to change

   Create a new page style "oic-page"
   Apply "oic-page" to current page

into

   Use whatever A4 portrait page style that has a 2 cm margin...

Or just forego the style-notion altogether:

   Create a new A4 page, portrait with a 2 cm margin...

?

Best regards,

Bart