Subject: Re: [oiic-formation-discuss] (1)(d) A list of deliverables, withprojected completion dates.

Norbert Bollow wrote:
> robert_weir@us.ibm.com wrote:
>
>> So far I've heard the following items (in no particular order)
>>
>> 1) A conformance test of ODF documents and implementations, i.e., test the
>> formal shall's and should's, etc.
>> 2) An Acid-style test of ODF implementations, i.e., feature and
>> rendering-oriented, essentially highlighting ODF features that are not
>> widely implemented (or implemented correctly) but are desired (by whom???)
>> 3) A comprehensive test suite of atomic (single feature) tests
>> 4) A formal profile of ODF for portability and archiving, aka ODF/A
>> 5) A formal profile of ODF for browser-based applications
>> 6) A formal profile of ODF for mobile devices
>> 7) A report on best practices for authoring portable documents
>> 8) A periodic interoperability report on the state of ODF
>> interoperability, with specific recommendations for implementors.
>>
>> What did I miss?
>>
>> Let's get the list complete
>
> Hmm how/where would the specific interoperability needs of persons
> with disabilities get addressed?

I would say these needs are implicitly part of the items listed above: I
assume "rendering" an all-caps style on a braille-reader is similar to a
visual representation. Maybe the ODF Accessibility TC can help us out
with an "acid test" for those devices ?

Same goes for tab-order in forms, table and image captions etc.

Best regards,

Bart H